Football's world governing body FIFA is confident Brazil can ensure security during next year's World Cup, secretary-general Jerome Valcke said on Thursday.
"There is no additional demand on the part of FIFA" in terms of security, he told a Rio media conference.
In the wake of massive street protests in June as Brazil hosted the Confederations Cup, Valcke said authorities "reacted well and gave us all, teams, trade partners, confidence in their capacity to control these situations".
The protests, which brought more than one million people onto the streets of major cities, were against the high cost of hosting the World Cup and also to demand better public services and an end to endemic corruption.
During Valcke's visit last week to Cuiaba, capital of the central-western state of Mato Grosso, some 50 people, mostly public employees, held a protest.
"They have the right to protest and we have the right to organise the World Cup," the FIFA secretary-general commented.